Thursday 23 April 2015

How I Wash My Makeup Brushes



Hey guys!! How's your week been? It's almost Friday! :D

Before I start this post I just want to say Happy 50th post to me!!! How exciting lol. This is a big deal for me y'know. I've been blogging for about 6 months and I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I'm working on my consistency though. I'm also going to do more posts on topics other than natural hair, like this one for example.

Before I took a make-up course at MUD Academy, (Read about my experience here: My MUD (Make Up Designory Experience) I only had 2 makeup brushes. I had 2 foundation brushes which I used like once in 2 or 3 months. I'm an eyeliner and lipstick kinda girl but sometimes when I'm going out I like a face beat :)

During my makeup course one of the things I learnt was that you have to wash your makeup brushes. I've had this Dr. Bronner's Almond Castile Soap for a while now. I bought it during my product junkie days to use as a shampoo but I didn't really like how it made my hair feel. I remember that I had read about how you can use it for practically everything. Bathing, washing your clothes, some people even use it to brush their teeth. Anyway I googled it and it seems a lot of people use it for washing their make up brushes. The first time I used it, I was so happy I had found a makeup brush cleaner and I didn't need to spend money on an expensive one. It's also made of natural oils so your brush ends up feeling soft when it dries.



This is how I wash my make upbrushes.

I wet my palm with water and then add a few drops of Castile soap to my palm. (I forgot to wet my palm for the first makeup brush but I did that for all the others).



Next, I wet my make upbrush with a little water and swirl the brush around my palm. I don't usually have to do this more than once but if my brush is really dirty, I wet the brush a little and repeat the process.








I love the look of clean brushes! :D 



Have you tried Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap? What do you use it for?

2 comments:

  1. Happy 50th post to you dear. You're doing an amazing job. Keep doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Desire! I appreciate it :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...