Monday 23 November 2015

The Mini Twists Are Back!



Hey people! How you doin'? Hope you enjoyed your weekend. I didn't do much during the weekend, I just watched YouTube videos all day.

I've had my hair in mini twists for about 4 days and I've been quite happy with this style. I wanted to do something that would last for about 2 weeks and that I would still be able to easily moisturise. My original plan was to do it on Wednesday but when I thought of twisting my hair, my arms started hurting at the thought of it lol. So, I put my hair in about 10 braids and postponed it till the next day.

Remember how in my last washday post, I said I forgot my Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in conditioner back home, I ended up buying it here because I didn't think my hair could survive for 2 weeks without a leave in conditioner. So, before putting my hair in braids, I moisturised by spraying it with water and using my leave in conditioner. Then, I sealed with castor oil and shea butter.

The next day, my hair was slightly stretched thanks to the braids and it was already in sections which made things easier.


On each section, I sprayed lightly with water and used my leave in conditioner and a little shea butter especially on my ends.

I was hoping the twists would take me less time than the first time I did them last year, which was 4 hours. It ended up taking me a bit over 4 hours but I guess since my hair has grown since then, it couldn't possibly have taken less time. I wasn't too happy with the twists at first. They looked really rough to me and definitely aren't as neat as the first time. I guess if I had made them smaller they would have looked neater.. maybe next time.

The twists have grown on me though, and I like how low maintenance this style is. I moisturised yesterday with a mix of water, KCKT, castor oil and shea butter.



The ends are curling weirdly because I usually have the twists packed in a bun




Have you tried mini twists before? What do you think of the style?

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful week!

Oyime :)

9 comments:

  1. Thinking of doing mini twists but the time for mine will be 8 hours and then it'd shrink ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. How were you able to keep them stretched?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have it packed and I guess the weather helps since there isn't much humidity here

      Delete
  3. Did you do them with extensions or just your hair? I once tried mini twists on my hair alone. It looked alright for two days but I took them out because I felt I didn't make them neat enough.

    www.tunrayosthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it with just my hair. I'm sure it'll look better next time :)

      Delete
  4. Yes to mini twists! This is my go to style any day. Love your hair girl..


    Epiphany29.com
    When Will You Marry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you tried o. I can remember the last time I did this myself, its not an easy something. I'm actually on mini twists presently. I love ya hair btw.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...