Friday 29 April 2016

Bantu Knots & Red Lipstick


Hey guys! How's it going? How was your week? The heat this week has been something else I was so happy when it rained yesterday. 

On Sunday, I put my hair in bantu knots and I had my hair in them for some days. The day I went out, I went with a scarf. My mum said I looked better with the bantu knots than the scarf so I definitely have to work on my turbaning skills lol.

This is how the bantu knots looked just after unraveling. 



This is how it looked after I fluffed each twist out. 


I expected it to look longer but twists don't really stretch hair like braid outs do. Maybe next time I'll do it on stretched hair.

I haven't used my Ruby Woo lipstick in a while and I missed it so I used it with my dark purple colour pop lipstick (Feminist). 



These bantu knots definitely looked better than the first time I attempted them. I think the trick is to do it on almost dry hair and make sure they are totally dry before taking them out. 

Have you tried bantu knots before? How did they turn out?

Oyime :)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    How many days did you have the knots in? And what products did you use?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ekene! I had them in for 3 days. I spritzed with water, glycerine and a little leave in (Kinky Curly Knot Today) :)

      Delete
  2. So Beautiful !!!

    How did you get them to dry ?

    www.beebaswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beebs! :D. I only spritzed lightly and kept them in for 3 days :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my bantu knots are a big mess, I wanted to do them this weekend but because of my bad experience I opted for a braid-out.

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slay Oyime, slay...
    So beautiful. Curly hair and red lippie is so glam

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bantu knots suits you. You did the makeup for Ekene and Marilyn of Thekinkandi for their photoshoot. They looked very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm just seeing this! Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...