Sunday 10 July 2016

My Crochet Twists Experience



Hey guys! How have you been? It's a new month and I feel like this year is going by really fast. My birthday is already in 3 months! 

About 2 weeks ago, I got crochet twists done. I got these havana crochet twists for N1,500 each and I was really excited about it.



The reason I hadn't tried crochet twists before was because cornrows make my hair feel really dry and you have to cornrow your hair to do crochet twists. I really wanted to try something different though, so I decided to give it a try. I planned on having the twists for about 3 weeks.

I tried out someone new and I really don't know why I did this because the woman who did my braids the last 2 times would probably have done a much better job. You can check out those braids here and here. When you ask someone if they can do a style and they're so quick to say "I can do it! I can do it!", beware!

When we started, she made the cornrows really big. I asked her why she made them so big because I had seen videos and read blogposts on cornrows and the cornrows usually weren't big. She just said it would still turn out fine and that's how she usually did it.

When she started putting the twists in, she was really rough with the twists so when she was done, they didn't look as neat as they should have been. We used 6 packs so it was really full and heavy and I wasn't sure I liked it. After a few days though, I didn't really mind it and I was getting used to how heavy it was.

I took this picture 2 days after getting the twists done.



Just had to drop this here lol ;) 

2 days after taking those pictures, my hair looked very different. I looked at myself in the mirror in the afternoon and almost screamed lol. Okay I'm being dramatic but it looked really rough and I couldn't believe I had been going around like that.  

A few of the twists were almost pulling out my edges and one of the twists in front was hanging off my hair. This is what happened when I tried taking it out.



It got really tangled and I lost some hair.

:'(
For some reason I was really calm when this was happening and I just wanted to get the twists out. I felt relieved after and I just had my natural hair out for the rest of the week before going back to the last person that did my braids.

I'm definitely going to use those twists again but this time, I'll do them with someone I'm sure can actually do them really well.

Have you gotten crochet twists before? What was your experience with it?

Have a lovely week!

Oyime :) 

12 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any crochet style. My hair can't take very heavy styles. You're hair looked nice at NITC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I loved it at NITC. Sorry about the hair trouble. You're very brave trying out these different hairdressers . I kent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lol I'm sticking to my current hairdresser from now on

      Delete
  3. I tried the curly hair and the lady didn't know what she was doing. She braided my hair too tight and was rough definitely had some breakage. I'm about to go round two but this time I'm going to have someone braid it and I'm going to install it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. Good luck with that! :D

      Delete
  4. Lool you said you almost screamed. I have done crotchet before but it was simply like a natural hair blowout kind of look. I even posted about it on my blog. But when I finally took it out, I realized that the cornrows must have been too tight because my edges came off , sigh lesson learnt. Thankfully, they're growing back now.
    I really like these twists,they look gorgeous on you. I would love to try them. xx

    cocobellablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be so annoying when your hair doesn't turn out as you anticipated. Not funny at all.
    I hear people do their own crochet braids. I plan on trying that.

    PreciousCore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was :(. Good luck with that! :D

      Delete
  6. Hmmm, so i just read about this brand on Natural Girl on a budget's blog and I'm really gingered to try them out.
    Do you think it got rough because the stylist didn't do it well or because that's how the hair is.
    Please let me know o so I don't waste my money.

    www.tukesquest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Detuke! The stylist definitely didn't do it well. You should give it a try :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please leave a comment :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...